- 150 Ml Milk
- 50 Ml Rabri
- 1 Vanilla Pod(split, seeds scraped)
- 4 Egg Yolks (free-range)
- 40 Gram Castor Sugar
- 0.5 Gram Saffron
- 200 Gram Bottle Gourd (noodle length), grated
- 100 Gram Sugar
- 10 Ml Rose Water
- 20 Gram Nuts, chopped
- 75 Ml Water
• Prepare the Crème Anglaise:
• Place the milk, rabri, vanilla pod and seeds into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat.
• Place the egg yolks and castor sugar into a bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
• Pour a dash of the hot milk into the egg mixture and whisk to combine, then slowly pour in the rest of the milk, whisking all the while.
• Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Stirring frequently, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth.
Rabri or Rabdi is a very famous Indian dessert which is usually prepared in most of the households and is also cherished by all age groups. It is a thickened milk and sugar mixture. This recipe here of Rabri used as a Crème Anglasise is that of a twist with Lauki or bottle gourd which further enhances it taste and makes it healthy besides making it an exotic, unique Indian dessert to try for your next festive party!