From time immemorial oil has been used to cook that not only looks pretty but also tastes amazing. The main reason behind using oil to cook food and not water is that oil gives the food greater flavor unlike water that mostly dilutes the taste. Another important reason behind choosing oil as a cooking medium is the much loved Maillard reaction that gives us the brown crispy crust. But harmful chemical and adulterations have made it impossible for anyone to eat healthy food. Thus it is affirmative that we choose organic and unadulterated options. The following 5 oils are available in The Green Earth store that will help you enjoy fried food in the healthiest way possible.
- Coconut oil– Famous for its mesmerizing smell and flavorful taste, coconut oil has always been a big crowd favorite. It aids in healthy brain function and can easily be used as staple household oil. It betters the lipids present in the blood and thereby eases digestion. Furthermore one can easily opine that with better digestion one can easily lose weight.
- Groundnut oil- Also known as peanut oil, groundnut oil is an effective cooking medium. It has a high smoking point thus can safely be used to deep fry or be used to fry items for an optimum amount of time. This oil has a very mild flavor to it, thus it holds strong the original taste of the food product thus being prepared. The most important fact has to be that groundnut oil is very low on bad saturated fats, so indulging in it will have no bad after effects.
- Desi Cow Ghee- The pure Desi Cow Ghee is free of Trans fat thus it is hands down one of the best options for consumption. Being devoid of lactose this can be consumed by people who suffer from lactose intolerance. Desi cow ghee is also fat soluble, so vitamins like D,A,E,K which are all needed by the human body get absorbed by the it readily. It helps not just kids who are growing and need the sustenance for strong bones but it also lubricates muscles and joints for people in advanced years.
- Mustard Oil- One can rarely find an oil that is as versatile as mustard oil, it has not only culinary effectiveness but has certain therapeutic importance as well. Consumption of mustard oil can lead to a healthier skin and hair. It can also be used as a dressing on salads. Incorporating Mustard oil has manifold good effects on the human body. It stimulates the production of digestive juices and helps in the secretion of more bile and thus helping in running the human body better.
- Sunflower oil- This oil is mostly used for being neutral in taste, thus the flavor and taste of the ingredient being used holds on to its own unique taste. It can easily be used to fry ingredients that need to be fried for a prolonged period for mustard oil has a high smoking point, this ensures that the nutritional value is not lost or even depreciated. In addition to all these, Vitamin E is found in high levels in Mustard oil.
It is safe to opine that there are many good options when it comes to choosing a healthy cooking medium but the most important part in all these is to go for an option that is pure and devoid of any adulteration. The Green Earth offers a variety of organic, chemical-free options to suit your every need.